Spouses of Permanent Residents can File Their Green Card Applications in July!

Are you the spouse of a permanent resident who has been lawfully residing in the U.S., waiting for the F2A preference category to become current so that you can apply for your green card? Well wait no more! The U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin for July 2019 has just been released, and shows the F2A category as current across all countries.

This means that in July, the spouse of a permanent resident will be able to submit the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative and I-485 Application to Adjust Status concurrently. Alternatively if your permanent resident spouse has already filed an I-130 Petition on your behalf, you will be eligible to submit the I-485 Application for your green card beginning July 1st.

Assembling the required documentation for a green card application takes time. Contact us today at theteam@huwelaw.com or 415-496-9040 to get started now!