If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (you have a “green card”), then you may be able to petition for a family member to get their green card.


  • Your relative must be your spouse or child, or if you are a U.S. citizen, they may also be your parent or sibling.

  • You must make enough money or have enough assets to financially support your relative and serve as a financial sponsor for them, or you must find another U.S. citizen or green card holder who is willing to serve as a joint sponsor.

  • Your relative must not be subject to a bar to admission.

  • We can tell you if your relative is ineligible for the green card because they are subject to a bar, and whether they are eligible to apply for a waiver of that bar.



  • We file a Petition for Alien Relative with supporting evidence to prove that the relationship between you and your relative is real.

  • If you are inside of the U.S.: We file an Application to Adjust Status (a green card application) with supporting evidence, including proof that your sponsor meets the necessary qualifications. If you are an immediate relative, then we can file the Petition for Alien Relative and the Application to Adjust Status together at the same time. When the time comes, we will prepare you for your interview, and go with you to represent you if it is in San Jose or San Francisco, California.

  • If you are outside of the United States: We assist you in completing the necessary application forms, including Form DS-260, and submitting the necessary supporting documentation, required by the Department of State and your local U.S. consulate. When the time comes, we will prepare you for your interview at the consulate.

  • Once you have your green card for the required time period, then we can assist you in applying for naturalization.

Family-Based Immigration — Process Overview